VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED





so our first trip to the Emergency Room.  Quincy had cut her thumb on the cast iron frame of our fire place.  Christopher had taken it off to clean the glass and set it off to the right on the hearth of the fireplace.  Well ,,, Quincy came up behind,,, without him seeing and grabbed the piece,,, it is extremely heavy and it fell on to her hand smooshing it between the frame and the rocks.  

Well after a quick visit to Urgent Care,, which by the way is never urgent,,, we had to go to Holy Family Hospital where we got right in to the fast track and were helped immediately.  I am so thankful,,, that waiting room was completely packed with a wait of atleast 2 hours.  
Quincy did great,, we did a quick x-ray to verify nothing was broken and then had to papoose her to stitch her up.  

She is doing great!!! I had taken the bandage off to replace and she wanted to play with them.  We will keep it covered obviously so she doesn't pull them out.  So far so good,, it looks good and she is well.  

10 comments:

k. said...

I almost threw up my lunch. Poor girl! She looks like she's being a good sport about it all.

C & E Hudson said...

sorry,, don't want to make you sick :-)

Elizabeth said...

Wow thats crazy.. Glad she is okay!

Tara Edwards said...

Ouch! And the first trip to the ER is never fun, and I hate papoose boards! I hope she feels better!

C & E Hudson said...

She is doing good,,, every time we take the bandaid off to change it,, she want to pull the stitches off. She is doing good though. The papoose board was sad,,, she just looks up at you with the eyes of fear and pain and seems to be asking why are you letting these people hurt me :-( it is awful,,,, Fortunately we watch enough trama in the ER we knew what to expect :-) LOL- I had done this with Lexi as well at that age,,,

C & E Hudson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dad said...

You have NO IDEA how grateful I am....that this did not happen when I was babysitting!

Jan said...

Ouch! Those kinds of visits are part of every parents life one time or other....but they all just stink. I think you both handled this one with calm....No doubt it wasn't fun, but thank goodness the outcome will be good.

Kera said...

I am dreading our first trip to the emergency room!!!

Jan said...

Fortunately we didn't have too many of those trips - Joanna got to go most frequently, but Christopher and Andrew's were pretty memorable as well just because of their intensity. I love the picture of her cute little hand...so sweet. Today the stitches come out....I don't envy you that!