Baby Activity


So, recently in the past few weeks I have been having lots of contractions. They aren't really consistent and structured but they are definately happening. Well, last wednesday evening I started having more regular contractions that were every 1 1/2 minute to 2 minutes apart and they weren't feeling very good. I rested for about 2 hours before I called the doctor and they said I should go in. I ended up driving to the hospital about 11:45pm. They hooked me up to the monitors and sure enough they were there. The instantly gave me a shot of terbudaline which will relax your soft muscle tissue, but the side effects are that you get a racing heart rate as if you are in speed. The first shot didn't quite knock out the contractions so they gave me another one,,, by then I really wasn't feeling so good, so the nurses went to get me something to eat or drink,,,I sat up in bed to get a drink of water and knew instantly that something wasn't right,,,,I was going to pass out. I found my call button and called the nurses station and all I said was " I think I am passing out". That was all I remember,,, then I woke with 4 nurses around me with oxygen on my face. I asked them if I was still sitting up in bed when they came in, and I was, but slumped over forwardish,,, oh and I had a straw in my hand I was trying to unwrap to stick in my cup of juice. :-) Kind of funny,,, I do remember laughing right after as well because I am sure I looked hilarious with a straw gripped in my hand and slumped over in the bed. :-)

Well, after that contractions were slowing down and were not as frequent so they switched to another medicine that will do the job which is Procardia. So since then, I am having to take Procardia every 6 hours to help keep these contractions under control. Side effects for this medicine I have found to be headaches and my feet get really hot. Kind of weird, maybe they are getting fat or something,,,they kind of look puffy. I will take a picture and see what you all think. :-)

So as of today,,, no baby,,which is good. We want her to stay in as long as possible. Here is this mornings belly shot.

4 comments:

Patrick&Kera said...

you look SO cute!

k. said...

You do look cute- but not ready to have a baby yet!! Take it easy, promise?

Tara Edwards said...

Babies are fun but you don't need to rush into anything! Just take it easy!

C & E Hudson said...

No kidding, we aren't quite ready yet. Pretty soon she will be here fast enough.