Red Tail Hawk




On Friday, there was a hawk in the tree next to our mail box.  I noticed it wasn't going anywhere and I could get pretty much right next to it.  Well, then I could see that her left wing wasn't working.  I didn't see her Saturday or Sunday, but then Monday morning she was by our shop.  I went to the grocery store and bought some meat to feed her.  I was able to get right next to her to stick the meat right at her feet.  I walked away,,, and after about an hour or so,, half the meat was gone.  Came back a little bit later and she had eaten the whole thing.  Then she had moved to a tree up a couple branches only about hip level.  Anyway,, these are some of the great pictures I got.  Tuesday morning the girls and I bought some more food for her and took it up there,,, then around 11 am I was able to get in touch with Fish and Game and they came right out and picked her up.  They were able to take her to a vet clinic in the valley who would help her and they said if everything goes well they will bring her back were the caught her. Pretty cute huh?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

wow that is pretty cool.. you should have them blown up.

Shaeli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patrick&Kera said...

that's amazing. i wonder what it would have tasted like.